DWI/DUI Defense in Omaha
Hightower Reff Law defends good people who make mistakes. Our team of compassionate DWI/DUI defense lawyers in Omaha will support and guide you through every step of your DUI case. Get in touch with our team to start the process today.
Our Omaha DUI Defense Lawyers
Our team of experienced DWI/DUI defense lawyers at Hightower Reff Law provides legal representation you can trust. With clear and committed legal recommendations, we’ll help you get the justice you deserve on your DUI charges.
Our Process for DUI Defense Representation
At Hightower Reff Law, we’ll walk you through your DUI accident in Omaha with knowledge and compassion. Even though each case is different, you can expect your case to be carried out through these basic steps:
- Contact our office via phone, email, or text to speak to our Intake Specialist about your legal case. This chat is confidential and available in English or Spanish.
- Be paired with top DUI defense attorneys in Omaha.
Talk with your lawyer to discuss questions, gain an understanding of the legal process you’re facing, and learn about associated fees.
- Pay your retainer fee so our paralegals can file the necessary paperwork to get started on your case.
- Develop your case with your attorney. This varies by situation, but generally includes collecting information, negotiating, and setting a hearing date if necessary.
- Finalize your case. Not every case goes to trail. Many DUI cases are resolved through plea agreements and negotiations. Through settlement or trial, your case will be finalized. We work hard to get your case wrapped up quickly so you can return to life as normal.
DUI Accident Legal Services
The attorneys at Hightower Reff Law have years of experience in DUI and DWI charges in Omaha and a strong understanding of Nebraska law. Our skilled team is known for delivering results in a range of DUI and DWI defense cases.
At Hightower Reff Law, we believe that every DUI or DWI defense case deserves the proper care and representation. No matter the level of offense, we pool our expertise together to drive home the best outcome for each individual client. Our professional relationships with prosecutors and judges and strong defense strategies curb the potential consequences of a DUI arrest. Here’s how we help you:
- Investigations: In some cases, authorities mishandle evidence, infringe on your rights, or commits errors that threaten the case. We investigate these details and file motions or pretrial hearings if authorities misstepped.
- Preparation: From the moment you hire us, we begin building a case for trial. By constantly preparing, we will be ready with the facts and a plan should your case go to trial.
- Negotiations: Many DUI charges are negotiated and resolved without going to trial. We may be able to reach a generous agreement with the prosecution that’s in your favor.
- Aggressive advocacy: We know good people make simple mistakes. As your DUI defense attorneys in Nebraska, we passionately convey the facts to present your case in a favorable light.
Levels of Offense
The number of DUI or DWIs you have on your record depends on the level of offense. With each offense, there is a consequence. In the state of Nebraska, there is a 1st offense, 2nd offense, and 3rd offense. Each offense has its own associated fine, amount of jail time, and length of license suspension or revocation. We will advocate for you at every stage of the DWI/DUI case to minimize or avoid these outcomes.
Common DUI Penalties
More than just fines or potential jail time, there are other collateral consequences you need to consider with a DUI. You may be ordered to complete treatment or community service and be unable to drive to work or take your children to school after losing your driver’s license.
While the consequences for DUI and DWI charges varies based on the offense, common penalties and consequences include:
- Jail or prison time
- License suspension or revocation
- Ignition interlocks
- Substance abuse treatment
- Substance abuse education and prevention programs
Our experienced and compassionate DUI defense lawyers will help you navigate your unique case, from initial investigation to plea agreements and negotiation. for a consultation to help with your legal trouble and learn what your best options are, give our attorneys a call today.
Other Criminal Defense Services
Depending on your offense, you may be facing felony or misdemeanor charges for your DUI accident. Fortunately, the skilled criminal defense lawyers at Hightower Reff Law are capable of representing you regardless of your DWI/DUI charges. We also have experience in juvenile delinquent cases and other legal matters you need while facing this difficult time in life.
We treat felony charges with the seriousness and compassion that you need. Whether you’re dealing with violent crimes, MIPs, theft and property charges, or other unique circumstances, our professional legal staff does everything possible to advocate in your favor.
We provide misdemeanor defense services to help protect your rights and ensure the best possible outcome for your case. Our experienced attorneys will guide you through the legal process and work tirelessly to achieve the best results for you.
Our law firm offers juvenile defense services to aggressively defend your case and protect the rights of your family. With our experienced attorneys by your side, we will work tirelessly to achieve the best possible outcome for your juvenile delinquent charge.
Our DUI Attorneys in Omaha
Get the professional advocacy you deserve when working with our team of compassionate Omaha DUI defense lawyers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between DWI and DUI?
A DWI refers to driving while intoxicated or impaired, while a DUI refers to driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The type of charge is ultimately determined by the driver’s state at the time of the incident.
Do I lose my driver's license after a DUI charge?
Under the Administrative License Revocation (ARL) Law, law enforcement is authorized to immediately take away your operator’s license and operating privileges due to a DUI arrest.
What is a field sobriety test?
A field sobriety test is a series of assessments conducted by law enforcement officers to determine if someone is driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances. This test includes the horizontal gaze nystagmus (HGN), the walk-and-turn test, and the one-leg stand test. You have a legal right to refuse to perform field sobriety tests in Nebraska.
What happens if I refuse to take a chemical or breathalyzer test in Nebraska?
Because of Nebraska’s implied consent law, motorists are required to perform a preliminary breath test and chemical test when requested by authorities. If you refuse, you may face serious consequences like being charged for not submitting, losing your license for one to fifteen years (depending on your number of offenses), and potentially serving a jail sentence.
Is a DUI considered a felony or misdemeanor?
- Number of prior convictions
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC)
- Others being present in the vehicle
- Results of bodily harm or death
- Driving with a suspended license
Find DUI Defense Today
Facing a DWI/DUI charge in Nebraska?
Talk with a qualified team of DUI defense attorneys near you today.
In October of 2021, the first person convicted under federal cyberstalking laws in Nebraska was sentenced to a year in prison. This provides a good opportunity to remind clients and the community that January is National Stalking Awareness Month. We are committed to...
So you’re facing criminal charges. What happens at an arraignment? And then what happens after an arraignment hearing? It is understandable that you might feel a mixture of emotions. You may feel confused, scared, anxious, upset, angry, stressed out, or any number of...
One of my clients recently “walked” after a special unit of the Nebraska State Patrol trained in drug enforcement caught him with about $40,000 worth of illegal drugs. Was it fancy lawyering that got him off? Well, I think it was good lawyering, but that’s not all. ...