Protection Orders

Protection orders are a legal instrument to help safeguard the physical and emotional well-being of victims of domestic violence or harassment.

We Help Parents Through Experienced Counsel

We believe in providing confident, clear, committed representation to our clients. Whether you have had a protection order brought against you or you or your child has been the victim of domestic violence or are being harassed and you need to establish a protection order, we will provide straightforward counsel while doing what it takes to represent you.

For those considering filing for a protection order, some of the potential benefits include:

  • Stopping the abuser from restraining, threatening, assaulting or contacting you or your children.
  • Removing the abuser from your residence.
  • You may be granted temporary custody of your children.
  • Your abuser may be ordered to stay away from designated locations, like your workplace or home.

If an order for protection has been taken out against you, there are some important things you should consider:

  • You may be arrested for violating the terms of the order.
  • In some cases, if convicted of violating the order, you may face fines and substantial jail time.
  • Protection orders in Nebraska are valid throughout the country.
  • Certain restrictions may be placed on you, including the ability to purchase or possess a firearm.

Representation and Resources for You and Your Family

Regardless of which side you fall on regarding the enforcement of a protection order, our lawyers will stand by your side. We know that allegations of domestic violence are serious and require the help of an experienced attorney. We can provide that help and help you find the support and other resources you need to continue moving forward with your life.

Questions about Protection Orders?

Reach out to our Omaha law office for a confidential consultation to discuss your protection order case. Call us today at 402-932-9550 or visit our contact page to schedule a time to come in and talk to one of our attorneys.

Let's Talk